Business Intelligence and reporting what it is, how it works and what is its salary. Business intelligence and reporting are two key concepts in the business field. Business intelligence refers to the process of collecting, analyzing, and generating reports based on business data.
Through this practice, companies can obtain valuable information that allows them to make more informed and strategic decisions.
Reporting, for its part, refers to the presentation of this relevant information through reports and interactive dashboards.
It is a powerful tool that allows companies to visualize and understand data clearly and concisely.
¿How does business intelligence and reporting work?
The business intelligence and reporting process consists of several stages:
Data Collection: Companies collect data from different sources, such as internal information systems, databases, social networks, and more.
- Data analysis and processing: The collected data is analyzed and processed to identify trends, patterns and relationships between variables.
- Generation of reports and dashboards: Analysis results are presented through interactive reports and dashboards that allow users to explore the data and obtain relevant information quickly and effectively.
- Use of tools and software: To carry out these tasks, companies use tools and software specialized in business intelligence and reporting, such as Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, among others.
Benefits of business intelligence and reporting
Business intelligence and reporting provide various benefits to companies:
Data-driven decision making: The accurate and up-to-date information provided by business intelligence and reporting allows companies to make more informed and strategic decisions.
- Process and resource optimization: By analyzing data effectively, companies can identify areas for improvement and optimize their processes and resources, resulting in greater operational efficiency.
- Improved operational efficiency: Thanks to interactive reports and dashboards, users can quickly access relevant information and take concrete actions to improve the company’s operational efficiency.
- Identification of growth opportunities: Business intelligence and reporting allow companies to identify growth opportunities, such as new markets or customer segments, which can drive growth and profitability.
Tools and software for business intelligence and reporting
There are several tools and software available in the market for business intelligence and reporting. Some of the main ones are:
- Tableau: This tool allows you to create interactive visualizations and personalized dashboards.
- Power BI: Developed by Microsoft, Power BI is a comprehensive solution that allows you to visualize and analyze data in real time.
- QlikView: With QlikView, users can create intuitive and customizable reports and dashboards.
Each tool has its advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to evaluate the specific needs of the company before making a decision.
The role of the business intelligence and reporting professional
The business intelligence and reporting professional plays a fundamental role in the implementation and management of these practices in a company. Your responsibilities include:
Creation of reports and dashboards: The professional is responsible for developing interactive reports and dashboards that present information clearly and accurately.
Data analysis: The professional analyzes data to identify trends, patterns and relationships between variables, which allows the company to obtain valuable information for decision making.
Insight generation: Based on data analysis, the business intelligence and reporting professional generates insights and recommendations for the company.
Skills such as knowledge in data analysis, programming and data visualization are valued.
The average salary for a business intelligence and reporting professional can vary depending on location and experience, but is usually competitive due to the growing demand for this profile in organizations.
Trends and future of business intelligence and reporting
Business intelligence and reporting are subject to constant technological advances that are shaping the future of these practices:
- Use of artificial intelligence and machine learning: These technologies are increasingly being used in reporting and data analysis, allowing for more accurate results in less time.
- Impact of technology: Emerging technologies, such as the Internet of Things and big data analytics, are expanding the possibilities of business intelligence and reporting, allowing companies to obtain a more complete view of their business.
Predictions for the future: Business intelligence and reporting are expected to continue to evolve and expand in the coming years, with greater integration of advanced technologies and a greater focus on automation and real-time decision making.
Business intelligence and reporting are fundamental tools for companies in the information age. Business intelligence allows companies to make more informed decisions and strategies based on objective and relevant data.
Reporting provides an effective way to present this information through interactive reports and dashboards.
These practices provide several benefits to companies, such as optimizing processes and resources, improving operational efficiency, and identifying growth opportunities. Additionally, there are specialized tools and software available on the market to facilitate the process.
The role of the business intelligence and reporting professional is fundamental to implement and manage these practices in a company. Skills in data analysis, programming and visualization are required to perform this role effectively.
The future of business intelligence and reporting looks promising, with technological advances that will allow more accurate results to be obtained in less time.
These practices are expected to continue to evolve, with an increasing focus on automation and real-time decision making.